Teton County Wyoming

County Clerk

Mission Statement
The County Clerk`s Office is mandated by the Wyoming State Legislature to provide a variety of services to the citizens of Teton County. Our goal is to provide these services in the most efficient, cost-effective manner possible.
Move your mouse over dates to show events for that day. Click on a date to see all information on events for that day.

No events found for 10/21/2018

Upcoming Events


Marriage Licenses




 Congratulations and Welcome to Teton County!


Jackson Hole is one of the most popular areas in the country to get hitched, but make sure you schedule some time to get your Marriage License before your ceremony.

Our office is located in the basement of the County Administration Building, 200 S. Willow St., Jackson, Wyoming.  We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (excluding legal holidays).  Please call us at 307.733.4430 if you have any questions that have not been answered on this page.  


To obtain a marriage license in Wyoming, couples must appear in person, and:

  1. Be 18 years of age or older
  2. Present a picture ID - Driver's License, Passport, Military ID, School ID
  3. Fill out the Marriage License Application Form

*If you are 16 or 17, a signed written consent of the father, mother, guardian or person having the care and control of the minor. The written consent shall be proved by the testimony of at least one (1) competent witness. 

**If you are 15 or younger, a Judge’s court order is required. 


CLICK HERE for the Marriage License Application Form.  Both individuals should complete a form and bring it, along with their photo ID, to the County Clerk's Office to obtain a Marriage License.  



The License fee is $30.00 payable by cash, check, debit or credit card ($1.50 service fee will apply if using a card). Visa, MC & Discover cards are accepted.  

The Certified copy fee is $5.00.  Certified copies of a marriage license are normally needed when changing a name, adding someone to your insurance, etc. If you request a certified copy of your marriage license, it will be mailed to you once the license is returned to us after the ceremony, and has been recorded.  


Additional Information:

There is no waiting period in Wyoming.  Blood tests are not required in Wyoming.  A Wyoming marriage license can only be used in the State of Wyoming.  The application expires one year from the date of issuance.  

MARRIAGE CEREMONIES ARE NOT PERFORMED IN OUR OFFICE, OR AT THE COURTHOUSE. You must make your own arrangements to have an Officiant perform your ceremony.


If you are bringing someone with you to perform your ceremony, that's okay!  We do not require documentation regarding their credentials, however, they must qualify by statute:

Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony per Wyoming State Statute 20-1-106:

(a)  Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.

(b)  In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses that they take each other as husband and wife.

 * * * * * * * * * * * 

Do you need a Certified Copy of your Marriage License?

CLICK HERE to access the form! 
If you are paying by credit card, you may fax the request to 307.739.8681
If you are paying by check, mail your request and payment to:  

    Teton County Clerk
    P.O. Box 1727
    Jackson, WY  83001