Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Teton County Sheriff’s Office is hiring for the position of Detention Sergeant. As a Detention Sergeant, you will be responsible for the oversight of the detention center operations. You will supervise, assign and review staff responsible for the security of the detention facility and the treatment and care of inmates housed therein. You will perform administrative duties and help plan and manage the budget. The detention center houses our own detainees and inmates from Jackson Police Department, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming Highway Patrol, Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations and other state, and federal agencies.
The detention center has seven blocks with 45 beds and has eighteen budgeted positions to include Sergeants and Master Officers. You will work with and maintain systems to include Zuercher Jail, Live Scan, Securus, Xprotect, Prima View, Swanson and Cobra. You will be responsible to aid in the hiring and ongoing development of staff. You will supervise and assume all duties of a detention officer/deputy.
- High school diploma or GED and four years of detention experience, including two years supervisory duties; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Detention Officer Basic or equivalent with the ability to transfer to Wyoming POST
- Mid-level or upper level management training preferred
- Be a Citizen of the United States
- Show proof of a valid driver's license
- A thorough background investigation will be completed on applicant.
- Submit to a polygraph, psychological evaluation and a medical examination
The hiring range for this position is $64,234 - $70,902
Application deadline is March 30th, 5:00 pm
Teton County is an equal opportunity employer