Online Permitting Process
Building Permits & Miscellaneous (Under 500 Sq. Ft.)
Building Permit applications must be submitted through the Teton County Online Portal. New Residential Construction, Commercial, and MIS (Under 500 Sq Ft) are still required to have a submission week scheduled through the permit tech.
How To Set Up A Submission Week:
Due to the high volume of calls, we are now requiring people to fill out a Submission Request Form to set up a week to submit for Building Permits and Miscellaneous (Under 500 Sq. Ft.) There is no longer physical take in appointments, everything will be done via the new portal. Do not fill out this form if you are applying for any Re-Roof, Mechanical, Plumbing, Or Demo Permits and instead see the Trade Permit instructions below.
"How To" Guides For Portal Users
- Instructions on using the SmartGov Portal (Set Up/Application Submittal)
- How to Check Your Permit Status
- How to Submit Corrections (Requested by the Planning, Building or Engineering Departments)
- How to Submit Revisions (changes) to an Existing Permit
Trade Permits (Mechanical, Plumbing, Demo)
- Apply via the portal
- These permits do not require a submission week to apply.
- These permits are typically issued within 48 hours if they are submitted correctly with all requested submittals.
- Do not pay fees until you have received an email from the Permit Technician.
- Trade permits require a Warranty Deed and an Letter of Authorization if the applicant is not the homeowner.
- If you need help applying, we can arrange an in person meeting as well as a Zoom call if necessary.
Schedule your inspections through our Online Portal
You must login or sign up on the portal to access this feature. If your permit is not populating on your portal after signing up, please contact our Permit Technician to obtain an access code.
SmartGov- GIS Workshop
Teton County is hosting a workshop to go over all the new changes and processes in the Planning & Building Department. Anyone who wants to attend this workshop is more than welcome, we strongly encourage any and all to attend if you are planning a future project on property located within the county limits, are a contractor of any kind, architect, engineer or homeowner. We will go over the ins and outs of the two new systems we have implemented in the last year.
Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Time: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: 175 Virginian Lane, Jackson, WY, 83001 - Ordway Auditorium
Please RSVP if you will be attending.
- What are the climatic and geographic design criteria for Teton County?
Wind Speed - 105 mph, Seismic Design - D1/D2, Weathering - severe, frost line depth - 34", termite - slight, winter design temp - -30, ice shield underlayment required - yes, air freezing index - yes, mean annual temp - 38. For floodplain, wildland urban interface and ground snow load you can search the specific address on the GIS map and use the layers to get exact information.
- How long is it taking permits to be reviewed & processed?
Process & review times are dependent upon the project.
- Who is responsible for scheduling inspections?
It is the duty of the permit holder or their agent to notify the Building Department that work is ready to be inspected. For Teton County, call 307-732-5745 or go online to schedule and inspection. Inspections must occur at least every 180 days in order to keep the permit active.