Marriage Licenses

PLEASE call 307-733-4430 to make an appointment before coming to our office. Jackson Hole is one of the most popular areas in the country to get hitched, so make sure to schedule a time to get your Marriage License before your ceremony. We recommend scheduling your appointment one to two business days before your ceremony date to avoid any delays in obtaining the license. 

Marriage license appointments are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (excluding legal holidays).

Only the couple needs to be present for obtaining the marriage license. Please leave family and friends at home. Our office is located in the basement of the County Administration Building. - 200 S Willow St.  

Please call us at 307-733-4430 if you have any questions that have not been answered.

Obtaining a Marriage License

To obtain a marriage license in Wyoming, couples must appear in person, be 18 years of age or older, and present a picture ID - Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, School ID. If you are 16 or 17, we require signed written consent of the father, mother, guardian or person having the care and control of the minor and a Judge's court order as well. The written consent shall be proved by the testimony of at least 1 competent witness.

Couples should complete a Marriage License Questionnaire (PDF) and bring it, along with their photo ID, to the County Clerk’s Office to obtain a Marriage License. You will both be asked to give your:

  • Full legal name
  • Current Residential Address
  • State or Foreign Country of Birth
  • Date of Birth
  • Race/Ethnicity
  • Social security number
  • Father’s first, middle, and last name, and the state or foreign country he was born
  • Mother’s first, middle, and maiden last name, and the state or foreign country she was born
  • Divorce Date and State if applicable - we do not require documentation

License Fee

The License fee is $30 payable by cash, check, debit or credit card ($1.55 service fee will apply if using a card). Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted. 

Waiting Period

There is no waiting period in Wyoming. Blood tests are not required in Wyoming. A Wyoming marriage license can only be used in the State of Wyoming. The application expires one year from the date of issuance.  


Marriage ceremonies are not performed in our office, or at the  courthouse. You must make your own arrangements to have an Officiant  perform your ceremony. View a list of local officiants (PDF). If you are bringing someone with you to perform your ceremony, that’s okay!  We do not require documentation regarding their credentials, however, they must qualify by statute:

Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony per Wyoming State Statute 20-1-106: 

  • (a)  Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.
  • (b)  In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses that they take each other as husband and wife.

We do not perform ceremonies at our office. You must have a ceremony after receiving your license. There must also be 2 witnesses at your ceremony  (18 years or older) . The witnesses and wedding officiant are required to sign the license. Wedding licenses must be returned to the County Clerk's Office within 10 days of the ceremony.  

 Obtaining a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate

Certified copies of a marriage license are normally needed when changing a name, adding someone to your insurance, etc. No certificate is sent out automatically and a request must be initiated by the bride or groom. Certified copies are issued by Wyoming Vital Statistics Services. Please visit their website for more information: