Voter Registration Information

National Voter Registration Act Exemption

The State of Wyoming is exempt from the National Voter Registration Act commonly known as "motor voter." There is no voter registration available at the Drivers License Division of the Department of Transportation or at any other state agency.

Where to Register

The easiest way to register to vote is to stop by our office at 200 S Willow St, Jackson, WY 83001. Voter registration offices are located in the basement of the building. 

Voter Qualifications

In order to register to vote, you must meet the following qualifications:  

  • Must be 18 years of age on Election Day
  • Must be a citizen of the United States
  • Must be a bona fide resident of Teton County and the precinct in which you register
  • Present a valid Wyoming Driver's License (If you do not have your current valid driver's license with you, you must provide the number along with additional acceptable identification as defined in Rules Ch 2: Identification for Election Purposes)
    • If you have not been issued a Wyoming Driver's License or yours is expired, you must provide:
      • A statement to that effect;
      • The last four digits of your social security number; and
      • Additional acceptable identification as defined in rules
  • If you have neither a valid Wyoming Driver's License nor a social security number, please indicate this by checking the appropriate box on the Voter Registration Application form and contact you County Clerk
  • Must withdraw voter registration from any other jurisdiction, if applicable
  • Must not be a convicted felon, or if convicted, has had civil or voting rights restored 
  • Must not be adjudicated mentally incompetent

Persons who meet the above qualifications may also register to vote at the polls on Primary and General Election Days.

Inability to Register In-Person

If you are unable to register in person, you may print the voter registration form (PDF) and return it to us. Please make sure to follow all instructions very carefully to insure that your registration can be processed. If you have any questions regarding this form, please call us at 307-733-4430.

Military and Overseas Citizens

FPCA is a form you can use to register to vote and request absentee ballots for the year. 

If you requested your absentee ballot and haven't received it at least 30 days before the election, you can use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB). The FWAB is an emergency backup ballot.

For more information regarding the use of either form please visit or call us at 307-733-4430.

Registering at the Polls

It is advised that you register prior to that date so that your name will appear on the poll list on election day. If you are unable to register early, you may register at the polls on election day, however registering on election day can cause delays and lines at the polls. If you are unable to get to a polling site on Election Day, you may still come to the Absentee Polling site within the 14 day registration cut off period to register, but you must be prepared to vote by absentee at the same time. 

Address Changes

If your residence address or mailing address has changed since the last time you voted, please call or come into the Election’s Office and change your address. All changes made after voter registration closes must be made in person, either at the county clerk's office or at the polls on election day.

Party Changes

Should you need to change your party affiliation, you must make the change in person at our office or on election day at your polling site. Again, all changes made after voter registration closes must be made in person, either at the county clerk's office or at the polls on election day.