The Household Hazardous Waste Facility does not accept latex or water based paints. These paints can be taken to the Trash Transfer Station when dry and solid. An easy way to tell if the paint is water-based is if the directions specify soap and water clean-up.
Directions for drying:
1. Remove paint can lid. Stir paint.
2. Add one part absorbent (kitty litter, floor dry, bentonite) to two parts paint and mix well.
3. Leave lid off to let dry.
4. Paint will be solid and dry in about 24 hours. It will look like dried cottage cheese.
5. Deliver dried material to the Trash Transfer Station for disposal. Trash haulers will no longer collect this material.